Hoist Ring Dos
Hoist Ring Dont's
Jergens recommends the use of swiveling and pivoting hoist rings, rather than conventional eye bolts.
Before you begin, ask yourself:
1. Are you using the proper hoist ring for the application?
2. Is the hoist ring free to swivel and pivot? Are there any movement restrictions?
3. Are lifting hole(s) in the proper location
4. Do you have the correct hole size for the hardware – safe lift capacity?
5. Are the holes tapped deep enough to assure full thread engagement?
-Recommended hole depth for steel: 1.5xbolt diameter
-Recommended hole depth for aluminum: 2xbolt diameter
Applied Load Changes with Sling Angle
Jergens hoist rings are designed and rated to be pulled at any angle at the rated load. However, the applied load on a multipoint lift will increase if the sling angle is less than 90 degrees. So be sure to consider the sling angle when selecting lifting equipment. See illustration below.